Android Betting Apps
Download the best Android betting apps from the list below and claim the best mobile signup offers (if available).
Select your favourite betting app to download and install in minutes on any Android phone. Though the Google Play Store allows some gambling apps now, you can still have issues on Android devices. Whether it’s sports, casino, poker or bingo, we’ve got you covered in our download guides below.
Update January 2022: Most betting apps from big bookies are now available in the Google Play store. Check with your bookie (usually on their mobile website) to find out the best place to download the app.
Scroll down for the list of Android Apps on phones and tablets
The popularity of Android mobiles continues to grow driven by brands like Samsung Galaxy, Googe Pixel, HTC, OnePlus and Moto. The growth of devices running Google’s operating system is improving the availability of Android betting apps. Just make sure you select a bookie who is established in the market for the best betting experience!
How to Download Android Betting Apps
Downloading Android Betting Apps is free and fast. You can use our list of bookies apps below to find the best android app for you! Comparing odds is always a smart idea, so download a few different Apps from our list of trusted bookmakers.
Please note: The information provided in our guides and reviews is based on personal experience. We are happy to share our personal opinions of each bookmaker’s products and services. For any support or technical information, you should be checking directly with the bookmaker. Over 18’s only. T&C’s apply to all offers. Always gamble responsibly, for help or more information visit BeGambleAware.org.
The Best Android Betting Apps
Up to £100 in Bet Credits for new customers at bet365.
Min deposit £5. Bet Credits available for use upon settlement of bets to value of qualifying deposit. Min odds, bet and payment method exclusions apply. Returns exclude Bet Credits stake. Time limits and T&Cs apply.
Risk Free 20: New customers only, limited to one per person. If you’ve previously had a Paddy Power account, you will not qualify for the offer. Place your first bet on any Sportsbook market and if it loses we will refund your stake in CASH. Max refund for this offer is £/€20.
Only deposits made using Cards or Paypal will qualify for this promotion. T&Cs apply.
Only available to new customers from UK & Northern Ireland. You must stake £10 or more at single/cumulative odds of Evens (2.0) or greater on your first bet. Free bet balance of £30 credited within 48 hours of your first bet being settled. Free Bets expire after 7 days. E-Wallet restrictions apply. Game restrictions apply. Maximum 30 Free Spins on selected games. Free Spins expire after 7 days. Terms & Conditions Apply
Bonus Code: C30
New William Hill online customers only. Min. unit stake of £10/€10 at odds of 1/2 or greater. Only the “win” part from EW bets will count. Free bet terms, payment method & country restrictions apply. Free bets credited as 3 x £10/€10. Free bet stakes are not returned as part of the settlement of successful free bets. All Free Bets must be wagered within 30 days. Paypal excluded from offer. Cash in my bet will be available for bets placed using a free bet (minus the value of the initial free bet)
Minimum deposit of £10 using deposit code 30F – A qualifying bet is a ‘real money’ stake of at least £10 placed on any sports market – Minimum odds of 1/2 (1.5) – Free bets credited upon qualifying bet settlement and expire after 7 days – Free bet stakes not included in returns – Casino Bonus must be claimed within 7 days • To withdraw bonus/related wins, wager bonus amount x40 within 14 days • Wagering req. vary by game • Withdrawal restrictions and Full T&C’s apply. 18+
There are plenty of attractive promotions available on most platforms, so take your time before deciding where to deposit your money. Most welcome bonuses are made available through mobile web platforms, so it is best to claim these before downloading the Apps.
One of the main advantages of using Android for Betting Apps is that it is possible (and legal!) to download any amount of gambling applications. They aren’t available through the google play store, but you can use third-party app markets to download the applications.
How to get Betting Apps for Android Phones
For Android users, it’s pretty easy to get gambling apps; you just need to use third-party app stores, which have no problem offering Betting Apps for Android. A slight adjustment on your Android device is all that is required to give you free rein over what to download.
Please note: The information provided below is based on personal experience and our personal opinions of various apps we have tested. This is a general guide, but if you’re looking for specific information on a particular app, check with the bookie.
Your android phones safety is better safeguarded as long as you only download official apps from the bookmakers’ websites or official apps on the Google Play Store.
From our experience, virtually any new Android phone should work, with the major brands being HTC, Samsung, Motorola, LG, OnePlus and Google Pixel. Including the latest Pie update, Jelly Bean, Gingerbread, Froyo, Honeycomb and Ice Cream Sandwich.
Visit our individual Bookmakers pages to download their app and claim welcome Bonuses on signup where available!
Compatible Android Devices
Most people assume they can’t use betting apps on their android device because they don’t always appear on the Google Play Store. These days most bookies apps are available on the Android store, but not always.
The models below should be compatible with most betting apps;
Betting App Compatible Phones Running Android*
- Samsung Galaxy
- Google Nexus
- Google Pixel
- Sony Xperia
*Note that it’s always best to check with each bookie for compatibility with a specific phone model.
As for the software, Android operating systems vary between models. All of the major bookies and casinos try to keep updating to be compatible with the latest version of Android OS.
Any Android device running the version below should be compatible to run these apps;
Betting App Compatible Android Versions*
- Android 10
- Android 11
*Check with your chosen betting app to confirm compatibility, especially after updates.
Unfortunately, some bookies have not yet made an Android app, but there are ways to use the bookie’s mobile website as an app on your android device.
For these bookmakers, you can visit their mobile site, bookmark the homepage and add it to your home screen to function as an app.
This makes the mobile site work just like the real thing and is accessible straight from your home screen!
Android Betting Apps – Frequently Asked Questions
What are the different types of gambling apps?
There are plenty of types of gambling apps available on the market today, but the most common ones are:
- Sports betting app – probably the most popular kind (at least when it comes to the UK). Most bookmakers have their dedicated apps for Android, all of which cover a variety of popular sports and sporting events – football, tennis, horse racing, and cricket are just a few examples. You don’t have to worry about not getting a full experience, as sports betting apps accept all types of bets.
- Casino apps – another very popular type. You can find almost all games you would stumble upon in a real-life casino. Blackjack, poker, bingo, roulette – name it, and you shall receive. Unfortunately, you need to be very careful not to get scammed when it comes to casino mobile apps. The easiest way to check whether a casino is trustworthy is by checking whether it is regulated or licensed by the UK Gambling Commission.
- Live casino apps – are very similar to casino apps. The only difference is that these games are brought to you via a video stream, either from a real casino or a studio setup. A live croupier will greet you and keep you entertained as best as they can.
- Slots apps – while slot games are often part of the casino apps, sometimes they have their own dedicated apps due to their popularity. The apps are usually very vibrant and colourful. You can choose between free and paid games.
- Poker apps – poker is probably the most popular game in the world, with plenty of variations in different parts of the globe.
What features should I be looking for when choosing the best betting app?
Betting apps are going through constant developments, which means that a new feature is introduced to them every once in a while. Since there are so many of them, and those who are just starting with betting apps might not be sure which ones are actually worth looking for, here are some app features that are actually worth having in a betting app:
- cash out – to put it shortly, cash out is a feature that allows the bettors to settle a bet, accepting a sum smaller than the full potential win before the competition for which the bet was placed ends. Thanks to this feature, you can lock up some profit, no matter what the final result will be.
- Bet builder – the bet builder feature allows users to create their own bets by combining several betting markets from the same event into one bet. While this feature can usually be found on football matches, some bookmarkers also started to introduce it to tennis.
- Live streaming – some bookmakers allow you to watch the action of matches and competitions live directly from your betting app. Some of the most popular streams include football matches, horse racing and tennis.
- Free games – there’s no denying that competition can be tough when it comes to betting apps (after all, there are so many), and because of that, everyone wants to stand out and make the betters choose their services. One of the ways in which they are trying to do that is by offering free games, which come in all shapes and sizes.
- Notifications – this feature is very useful to those who live a fast-paced life and simply don’t have time to check how the game or race is progressing constantly. Instead of having to monitor the events on their own, they receive updates through their phone’s notification system.
- Enhanced bets – there are some bookmakers that regularly enhance the odds on certain betting markets of sporting events that are popular during a specific day or week.
- Bet boosts – while bet boots can be mistaken with enhanced bets, they are actually different. Bet boosts are personal, meaning that a better can choose which bet they want to boost.
Does every sports betting app offer live streaming?
The simple answer is no. It depends on the sports betting app you are using, although most bookmakers offer live streaming of sporting events (e.g. William Hill does so). However, remember that not all events can be streamed – everything depends on your location. For example, an event might be live-streamed in other countries in Europe but not in the UK. And that’s not because the bookmaker doesn’t like the country – it’s because of broadcasting rights.
How can I deposit and withdraw money from a betting app?
While there are some things that might differ slightly depending on the app you are using (for example, the names of the sections that you need to click might be different), in general, the process of depositing and withdrawing money looks very alike in most of them.
To deposit money, just click on the ‘deposit’ button, choose the payment method and the amount of money you want to deposit. Keep in mind that depending on the betting app you are using, as well as the payment method, the minimum deposit required might differ. In most cases, it is around £5 – £10.
To withdraw money, you need to do the same thing. Be aware that some apps might only allow you to withdraw money with the same method you used to deposit it, so check that beforehand – otherwise, you might be unsuccessful in receiving your winnings.
What are the deposit methods available?
Depending on the app you are using, as well as where you are located, you might have a different range of deposit methods to choose from. To be sure which ones are available in the betting app of your choice, check their website.
Here are some of the major ones:
- debit card – this payment method is available in almost all, if not all betting apps. Depositing money is very quick and straightforward you don’t need to set up anything else, as the only thing you need is your card.
- Bank transfer – some could say that this is an old-school payment method, and just like a debit card, it is very straightforward. You just need to add all the necessary details, and your bank will take care of the rest for you. This is probably the most reliable payment method if you’re dealing with large sums of money.
- eWallets – the most popular eWallet at the moment is probably PayPal. eWallets are basically third-party companies that handle the deposit position for you. Contrary to debit cards and bank transfers, with eWallets, you need to create an additional account.
- Paysafecard – this is a prepaid card service in which you buy a pin that you can later on use to pay for several services and goods online. Please remember that you will need to choose a different one for withdrawal if you deposit money with this payment method.
- Bitcoin – while not yet very popular, bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies are slowly making their way into the betting apps. It is probably one of the safest, if not the safest way of depositing money into your account on secure betting apps.
- Cash – some people are still not very trusting when it comes to making any transaction with a debit card or an eWallet. Some bookies understand that, which is why they decided to somehow connect their online and offline activities. This means that you can enter a physical betting shop and deposit cash that will become available on your account in the betting app. If your bet will be successful, you can simply go back to the betting shop and collect the money.
Do I have to deposit money right after I make an account on a betting app?
No, you don’t have to – there’s no obligation that you have to deposit money into your account after registration, although you will probably be encouraged to do so during the sign-up process. Keep in mind though that some sign-up bonuses might require you to deposit some money in a given period of time.
Are betting apps legal to download and use?
The answer is that it depends. Depending on where you are located, downloading and playing betting apps can be legal or illegal. For instance, in countries such as the UK, Australia, or the United States, you can find at least one way to gamble online legally.
We recommend checking the law in your country before you do anything connected with betting apps and betting online. As some say – it’s always better to be safe than sorry.
Why can’t I find betting apps on the Google Play store?
If you looked for betting apps on the Google Play store, then you probably noticed that there aren’t that many visible (possibly none depending on your location) – that’s because of Google’s policy, which restricts mobile apps that they deem as potentially controversial. Mobile betting apps are not the only apps restricted from the Google Play store – there are many more.
However, you can easily download the betting apps from outside the Android app store – just follow the instructions we put above and make sure the check the source is legitimate.
Can I install a betting app on my tablet?
The short answer is yes, sure. Tablets are as capable of displaying betting apps as mobile devices are.
Please remember that in order to use betting apps, you need to be over 18 years old. Please gamble responsibly, and don’t spend too much time doing it. Responsible gambling is key to a healthy enjoyment of the games.